department of housing complaints nswdepartment of housing complaints nsw

department of housing complaints nsw department of housing complaints nsw

If your neighbour is a tenant of FaCS Housing NSW (sometimes called Housing Commission or Department of Housing), you can make a complaint to FaCS Housing NSW about noise. You will be contacted by either the Customer Resolution Coordinator, the manager responsible for the service you complain about, or the managers delegate. When you're ready, make your complaint online. Most complainants who come to our office act reasonably and responsibly in their interactions with us, even when they are experiencing high levels of distress, frustration and anger about their complaint. You should firstly contact the staff member you were dealing with, or the staff member's supervisor. Part 2: Staff strategies for responding to unreasonable conduct, Part 3: Communication and unreasonable conduct, Part 4: Management responsibilities and supporting staff, Part 5: Restricting and controlling access, Effective complaint management systems workshop, Managing unreasonable conduct by a complainant workshop, Public interest disclosures management training, Supporting young people to make complaints and advocate for systems change workshop, Child Death Review Team / Reviewable Deaths, Submissions to Parliamentary Committees and other bodies, Public Interest Disclosures Annual Reports / PID Steering Committee, Annual reports relating to former functions, Monitor operation of the Mandatory Disease Testing Act, Oversee public interest disclosures (whistleblowing), Email or post this page in social media sites. The app lets you: check account balances and transactions such as rent, water and a Rentstart Bond Loan. If you are in Australia please call: 02 8074 8627. The NSW Ombudsman oversees the operation of the Public Interest Disclosures Act (PID Act) across the NSW public sector. We handle complaints about agencies that provide services to Aboriginal communities, such as: We have Aboriginal staff who assist to handle complaints we receive from Aboriginal people s . What matters are out of the Registrar's scope? 4 Parramatta Square, 12 Darcy St, Parramatta, NSW 2150 Map. Enquiries and complaints can be made by telephone or in writing. You can submit a complaint or provide feedback by using one of the following methods: Service NSW is committed to providing excellent customer service and every attempt is made to deal with complaints on the spot, however, if you would like to submit a complaint we would like to assure you that we will act in an open and honest manner, and within clear timeframes. Enter a postcode, suburb, town, or address to find a local housing office near you. However, it will be harder for us to assess and resolve your complaint if we dont know who you are. Specialist staff are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide support and advice. Updated on 22/03/2022. What if I need assistance to provide feedback? To help us assess a complaint, we generally require you to provide some evidence to support your complaint. Having the job reference number will make it easier to make a follow up call to the Maintenance Line. If you have a disability, or if you do not understand English well, we can assist you with providing feedback or making a complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, please advise us and we will organise to carry out an internal review. Sydney NSW 2000 It takes about 15 minutes. Sydney NSW 2001. For your convenience, telephones with a direct link to the Maintenance Line are available in the lobby of all local offices to use during business hours. If this is the case, we will contact you to discuss the issue, before taking further action. Information for multicultural families and communities, Deliver services to children and families, Repairs, modifications and maintenance to a property, Toggle sub navigation menu for Repairs, modifications and maintenance to a property. If the issue is between residents, owners, or the owner corporation, there are four general steps to resolving it: Talk about it Speak to the owners corporation Use Fair Trading's mediation service Go to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal. In NSW, government-owned and managed social housing is provided by the Department of Family and Select a department Select an agency. We also provide additional support for people with a disability to make a complaint. If you require assistance with registering on Procurement Central, you may contact the Customer Support via below methods. We cannot handle complaints about child support. We also cannot handle complaints about private health services and providers. You can choose to remain anonymous when you submit a complaint. If there is a more appropriate way for you to resolve your complaint we may expect you to take the action we suggest. Call: 02 9286 1000 Email: nswombo@ombo.nsw.gov.au Visit: www.ombo.nsw.gov.au Post: Level 24, 580 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Allegation of misconduct Contact the manager of your DCJ contract manager: update contact details, including emergency contacts. We will give you reasons for our decisions. You can also call FACS or go to your local office for assistance. Make your complaint online. For information please see the During a Tenancy Policy. Its website should have information about complaints or you can ask its staff about how to make a complaint. Social housing-related complaint Housing Contact Centre (client feedback option) 1800 422 322 launch (9.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday) feedback@facs.nsw.gov.au launch Post: Client Feedback Unit, Locked Bag 7150, Liverpool BC 1871. Alternatively, you can usethe FeedbackAssist widget(located to the right of the screen). We cannot handle complaints about financial services, including: Contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). An important function of the Registrar of Community Housing is to investigate complaints and other matters in respect of community housing providers that are registered under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing (NRSCH) or the NSW Local Scheme. You may need to show this to us if your complaint is not resolved. Community Services Enquiry, Feedback and Complaints Unit. Contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman. guide the standard of behaviour for DCJ employees who are managing complaints. Further information regarding the privacy of your information can be viewed on the Privacy page. You can accessour apology to the Stolen Generations. Alternatively, you can contact your localCommunity Services Centreto make a complaint. Contact the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). If you are complaining about service delivery provided by an LAHC contractor, you should first phone the maintenance line on 1800 422 322 [press 1] before complaining to FACS to see if the contractor can sort out the problem. Your rating will help us improve the website. not knowing what support is available. If you want us to handle your complaint confidentially within the Department, please let us know. These translations should be used as a guide only. The Department of Communities and Justice works with children, adults, families and communities to improve lives and help people realise their potential. You can complain to us about community services for children and young people, such as: out-of-home care, including foster care, kinship care and intensive therapeutic care (ITC) leaving care and aftercare. If we decide to make inquiries about your complaint we will contact FACS, the AHOor the LAHC to get further information about the issues you have raised. For further information. This may include specific times and dates of the antisocial behaviour incident (s), whether NSW Police were contacted and the individuals involved. Complaints and notifications are an important source of information and intelligence for the Registrar. A community housing organisation, housing association or housing provider: you need to contact them directly. Part 1: What is unreasonable conduct by a complainant? However, we may be able to help you if an LAHC contractor maintains the property you are renting or the provider is a Specialist Homelessness Service (SHS). . This site also provides details of awarded contracts over $150,000 in value. Part 1: What is unreasonable conduct by a complainant? Family & Community Services on facebook opens in new window, Family & Community Services on twitter opens in new window, Family & Community Services on youtube opens in new window, Family & Community Services on linkedin opens in new window, Centralised Gas Hot Water System Reimbursement Scheme, Modifications for people with disabilities or the elderly, Occupational therapist assessment overview, Requesting maintenance and reporting problems, Swimming pools in public housing properties. You will need to give as many details as possible about the problem that needs repairing when you call. To enquire about accommodation, please contact Housing NSW on 1800 422 322. Your report is confidential and we treat it seriously. Contact theHealth Care Complaints Commissioner. If you live in public housing and you need to request maintenance, or report a problem, you can call the Housing Contact Centre Maintenance Line on1800 422 322. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development 451 7th Street, S.W., Washington, DC 20410 T: 202-708-1112 Making a complaint is free. Toll free: 1800 451 524 (Australia wide) We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and protecting them from risk of harm, abuse and neglect. *The NSW Ombudsman generally expects complainants to try to resolve their concerns directly with the agency before they will consider becoming involved. GPO Box 7057 Applicants and tenants can appeal these decisions through the Housing Appeals Committee. Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ). Find out how we can help you find or keep your housing, how to apply for private rental assistance or social housing. . We review the information you give us and decide what action to take. You can also write to your local DCJ office. You should contact the NSW police if you are experiencing serious problems with a tenants behaviour. The Registrar of Community Housing is within the Ombudsmans jurisdiction. We listen and learn from the knowledge, strength and resilience of Stolen Generations Survivors, Aboriginal Elders and Aboriginal communities. promise to improve our policies, procedures or systems. We also support people with disability and Aboriginal peoples, and have information in easy English and other languages. You can report fraud, misconduct or corruption through our feedback tab. We can handle complaints about community services run or funded by the government. See Advocacy and Legal Services below. private correctional centres for example, Junee, Parklea and Clarence. 1800 422 322 Specialist staff provide support and advice and are able to make decisions on the spot about what needs to be done. Service providers can make contracting complaints to DCJ about DCJ or about the services or management practices of an organisation funded by DCJ. You may also consider seeking a referral of your complaint to mediation. Read more aboutwhat we do with your complaint. Contact the: We can handle employment complaints relating to public interest disclosures. You can also complain to us directly if you dont feel safe making a complaint to the agency. If you are being held in custody, and want to make a complaint about Youth Justice or Corrective Services, see Complaints about custodial services. Level 24, 580 George Street Housing Offices Coffs Harbour DCJ Housing The grounds for complaint we can consider relate to: Family & Community Services on facebook opens in new window, Family & Community Services on twitter opens in new window, Family & Community Services on youtube opens in new window, Family & Community Services on linkedin opens in new window, Changes to your tenancy: tenant factsheet, Privacy and personal information notification. We cannot handle complaints about legal services or courts. You can complain to FACS by: phoning: 1800 422 322 [press 2] emailing: feedback@facs.nsw.gov.au. If the complaints are substantiated, tenants will be given the opportunity to change nuisance and annoying behaviour. If your complaint is referred to another agency we will notify you of this transfer. Contact the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. The Housing Appeals Committee only deals with appeals about property modifications relating to disability and special needs - Appealable Issues. We cannot handle complaints about phone and internet companies for example, Telstra, Vodafone and Optus. You can also complain to the AHO directly by contacting one of their offices or by visiting their . If you'd like to apply for social housing in NSW, or are an existing social housing resident with a question or concern, please visit the Department of Communities and Justice Tenancy Hub. If you need a referral to a lawyer or other legal information and assistance, you can contactLaw Access NSW. It could be a government agency, community service provider or a private company. You should briefly state your concern, and tell us what happened. Please call 1800 422 322 and press 2 (24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year). Alternatively, you can contact your localDCJ Housing office. Tenants will be referred to Community Justice Centres for assistance when required. We can handle complaints about homelessness services run or funded by the government, such as: People with a disability receiving services from NSW government agencies can complain to us about those agencies. what happened after you contacted the agency. All reports are treated seriously and managed in the strictest confidence. If the tenancy is under the management of a community housing provider then that organisation is the landlord and your contact for any complaint. First Home Buyer Choice. If you are deaf, or have a hearing impairment or speech impairment, contact us through theNational Relay Service. You can ask someone such as a family member, friend, or community worker to help you or to submit the complaint form for you. Alternatively, consult the Funded Contract Management Framework page, Issues and complaints tab, for other ways to make a contracting complaint. Enquiries and complaints can be made by telephone or in writing. However Registry staff cannot give you legal advice or recommend what action you should take. You can complain to us about things like: You can call us for advice about whether your problem is something we can help with. If you work for the NSW public sector, see Making a public interest disclosure. Closed COVID-19 support programs statistics. We cannot determine liability, order payment of compensation or change a decision made by NCAT. When can I expect a response to my complaint? Your rating will help us improve the website. Although local offices can tell you what planned maintenance work is scheduled for your home, they will refer you to the Maintenance Line for maintenance requests. Information about NCATs power to resolve tenancy disputes relating to community housing is available here: NCAT - Social Housing. They should have a complaint process for you to follow. We acknowledge the ongoing connection Aboriginal people have to this land and recognise Aboriginal people as the original custodians of this land. We'll contact you within 2 weeks to give you an update on your complaint. HUD also provides a Spanish language version of the online housing complaint form. Child Protection Helpline - 13 21 11 Disaster Welfare Assistance Line - 1800 018 444 Link2Home Homelessness - 1800 152 152 Domestic Violence Line - 1800 656 463 Services and support General enquiries However, your complaint about a decision might include a matter that we can assist you with. More information is available on the Commission's website atwww.judcom.nsw.gov.au. You can find descriptions of your fair housing rights in several languages other than English here. We assess each complaint we receive and decide whether to take action on a case by case basis. You can also complain to the AHO directly by contacting one of their offices or by visiting their website: unreasonable delay in taking action or making a decision, failure to contact you or reply to your correspondence, emails or phone calls, failure to adequately respond to a maintenance request, failure to comply with work orders, technical inspection orders or orders by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT), failure to comply with other undertakings, not providing reasons for a decision that affects you. make payments to accounts. An online form is available where the provider is registered under the NRSCH. Talk about it Most issues can be resolved by talking it out with the other party. If you're not happy with what the agency or service provider does as a result of our decision, contact us to talk to your case officer. You will need their permission to do this. Alternatively, complaints may be lodged in person at any of our branches or over the phone. DCJ Housing wants to assist tenants to live in peace and harmony with their neighbours. Search for Find DCJ Housing Offices at: www.dcj.nsw.gov.au. These resources may help you when dealing with councils: For complaints about the general administrative conduct of councils, councillors and council staff, contact the Office of Local Government. We cannot handle complaints about the NSW Police Force or a member of the NSW Police Force. E-mail: customersupport@jaggaer.com. See Appealing a decision by FACS below. However, we can look at how the Registrar of Community Housing deals with complaints about community housing providers. You can also help another person to make a complaint. Housing and homelessness launch. Just let us know: We cannot provide you with legal advice. If you disagree with a decision made by FACS, including a decision about eligibility for housing services, tenant entitlements or the reasonableness of a housing offer, you may be able to appeal the decision through the housing appeals process. Generally, we will provide an acknowledgement to your feedback within 3 business days and aresponse to your complaint within 21 business days of receipt. You may wish to contact the Assisted Boarding Houses Team to provide comments, enquiries, complaints or feedback. Please note, the Registrar does not provide accommodation and is unable to assist with accommodation requests. The law requires us to protect your personal information, and not to disclose it to another person or body except in certain circumstances. What can I expect to achieve from making a complaint? You can also help another person to make a complaint. The Department's commitment to effective complaints and feedback handling is documented in ourManaging Complaints and Feedback Policy (PDF, 341kb). If you need help contacting the agency, see Get help making a complaint. In these instances you will be kept updated on the progress of your complaint. We do this only rarely when there is evidence of very serious and/or systemic problems. This means that another, more senior staff member will look again at your complaint, and decide whether or not it was handled fairly and reasonable steps were taken to resolve the issue. For all tenant enquiries and complaints. We acknowledge Aboriginal people as the First Nations Peoples of NSW and pay our respects to Elders past, present, and future. calories in trout fillet with skin,

Meredith Garretson Measurements, Ilchester Estates Contact Details, How To Find Survey Pins With Gps, Rick Lavoie When The Chips Are Down Summary, Articles D